Give Through Your Donor-Advised Fund
A donor-advised fund (DAF) is an investment account for philanthropic giving that offers an immediate tax benefit and the flexibility to support your preferred charities right away or over time.
The advantages of giving through your DAF
- Simplicity: Your sponsoring organization handles all record-keeping, disbursements (including an option for automatic distributions), and tax receipts and provides you with a single document at tax time.
- Timing: You can request that a donation be made at any time or make automatic recurring gifts on a schedule of your choice.
- Open to all: Individuals, families, companies, foundations and other entities can start a DAF.
- Increase your philanthropic capital: With varying investment strategies available, the funds in your DAF have the potential to grow tax-free.
- Flexible funding options: Fund your DAF with the assets of your choice, including cash, stock, securities, and even real estate.
- Join our donor community: Induction into Dana-Farber's recognition societies based on gift level
Why recommend a grant from your DAF to Dana-Farber and the Jimmy Fund
Your support fuels groundbreaking discoveries and initiatives. Here are a few examples of how Dana-Farber is changing cancer research and care:
- Led discovery, development, or clinical testing of 41 of 100 FDA new cancer drugs approved
- Developed 22 of the novel cancer drugs added to the World Health Organization's List of Essential Medicines
- Discovered the pathways to PDL1 and PD-L2—a breakthrough that ignited the field of immunology
- Pioneered Profile, one of the broadest and most comprehensive enterprise-level, patient-based cancer genomics projects in the world
Please call Dana-Farber's Philanthropy office at 617-632-6099, or email Kimberly Mougenel.
Are you a financial advisor?
If your clients are looking to make a gift through their DAF, please note Dana-Farber's tax ID number is 04-2263040. Please see our Resources for Advisors for more information.