Jimmy Fund Facts
The Jimmy Fund raises vital funds to support adult and pediatric cancer care and research at Dana-Farber exclusively. Since 1948, the generosity of millions of people has helped the Jimmy Fund save countless lives and reduce the burden of cancer.
The Jimmy Fund has:
- Raised millions of dollars since 1948. Eighty-nine cents of every dollar raised supports Dana-Farber’s lifesaving mission.
- Received, along with Dana-Farber, a 4-star rating (highest possible) from Charity Navigator, America’s largest charity evaluator, recognizing our prudent financial management and low cost of funds raised.
- Benefitted from the incredible generosity of hundreds of thousands of individuals, corporations, foundations, and organizations through their individual gifts, foundation support, and corporate sponsorships
- Attracted tens of thousands of participants to more than 750 fundraising events annually, which are organized and supported each year by thousands of volunteers in New England and across the country.
- Been an official charity of the Boston Red Sox since 1953, making it the nation’s longest philanthropic partnership with a professional sports team.
- Been the official charity of the Massachusetts Chiefs of Police Association since 1953, the Pan-Mass Challenge bike-a-thon since 1980, and the Variety Children’s Charity of New England since 1948.
- Become widely regarded as New England’s favorite charity.