Making a gift through your Individual Retirement Account (IRA)
Help conquer cancer with a tax-free gift from your IRA to Dana-Farber and the Jimmy Fund.
To make an IRA gift to Dana-Farber and the Jimmy Fund, you need to:
- Be age 70 ½ or older
- Give any amount up to $100,000 from your IRA
- Transfer funds directly from a traditional or rollover IRA
- Transfer the gift outright to Dana-Farber—rollovers to a gift annuity or charitable remainder trust are not eligible for tax benefits
Why should I make a gift from my IRA?
- Tax benefits: A charitable gift transferred from your IRA directly to Dana-Farber will not be taxed and will qualify for the required minimum distribution (RMD), maximizing benefits to both you and Dana-Farber.
- Ease: You do not need an attorney to make this gift. Simply contact your fund administrator. Dana-Farber’s tax ID number is 04-2263040.
- Flexibility: An IRA gift can be directed to a specific area of research or care, your Jimmy Fund fundraising event, or unrestricted support for Dana-Farber and the Jimmy Fund’s lifesaving mission.
How do I make an IRA rollover gift?
- Contact your fund administrator or financial advisor, and then call Dana-Farber’s Development Office at 617-632-6099. Dana-Farber’s tax ID number is 04-2263040.
- Download this sample distribution letter you can customize and share with your IRA administrator or financial advisor.
Contact informationDana-Farber’s Development Office