Dana-Farber Marathon Challenge (Boston Marathon®)|2024
To benefit the Claudia Adams Barr Program in Innovative Basic Cancer Research
The Dana-Farber Marathon Challenge (DFMC), in collaboration with the Boston Athletic Association, offers the exciting opportunity to run the Boston Marathon presented by Bank of America while raising critical funds to benefit the Claudia Adams Barr Program in Innovative Basic Cancer Research at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. Since taking its first steps in 1990, DFMC has raised more than $122 million, resulting in improved survival rates and quality of life for cancer patients everywhere. The largest charity group in the Boston Marathon, the 2023 DFMC team aims to raise $7.85 million in pursuit of the ultimate finish line: a world without cancer.
About the race course
The historic Boston Marathon course starts in picturesque Hopkinton and travels through eight towns and cities to the grand finale in Boston’s Copley Square.
Each team member receives:
- Guaranteed race entry
- Special recognition for top fundraisers
- Fundraising tips and tools, including a personal fundraising web page
- Dana-Farber race singlet and training apparel
- Exclusive pre-race and post-race amenities
- Team pre-race ceremonies
- Boston-area weekly training runs
- Training program designed by 1976 Boston Marathon® Men’s Open Division Champion, Jack Fultz
For information on the 2024 team, please visit our website.