Companies for Cures
How does Companies for Cures work?
Dana-Farber will provide printed materials and paper pledge forms to your company's contact person. Our representatives are available to attend or facilitate campaign events, give short presentations at employee meetings, and/or answer any questions your employees may have.
Generally, employees choose a fixed amount to be deducted on each payday, but a one-time gift is also an option. The gift is sent directly by the employer to Dana-Farber and the Jimmy Fund on a monthly, quarterly, or annual basis.
Steps to creating your own workplace giving program:
- Choose from three flexible payment options:
- Use payroll deduction to have a set amount per pay period deducted from employees' paychecks.
- Have a one-time deduction taken out of one of their paychecks.
- Give by check or credit card so that the tax deduction may be taken in the year of the campaign.
- Work with your payroll department to decide if the distributions to Dana-Farber and the Jimmy Fund will be made monthly, quarterly, or annually.
- Schedule a kick-off event to endorse the program and encourage employees to make their pledges at that time.
For more information:
Contact: Chrissie Attura
Phone: (617) 632-3146