New Stars for Young Stars
2014 date to be determined
Presented by the Jimmy Fund Council of Greater Boston, this Boston Red Sox autograph-signing event provides a unique and memorable opportunity to meet and greet some of the newer Red Sox players, as well as many of the up-and-coming minor league players from the Red Sox organization.
The 2013 event welcomed:
- Ryan Kalish — Red Sox outfielder
- Rich Hill — Red Sox pitcher
- Craig Breslow — Red Sox pitcher
- Brandon Workman — 2012 SoxProspects.com Rookie of the Year
- Anthony Ranaudo — Red Sox first round pick 2010
- Deven Marrero — Red Sox first round pick 2012
- Blake Swihart — Soxprospects.com #8 rated prospect
- Garin Cecchini — Red Sox 2012 Baserunner of the Year
- Doug Mirabelli — 2004 World Series champion
- Clayton Mortensen — Red Sox pitcher
- Chris Carpenter — Red Sox pitcher
Also appearing: "The Croonerman," Brian Evans, whose hit song "At Fenway" is taking Red Sox Nation by storm. See his music video preview (the full video will be out in April) "At Fenway" with William Shatner.
Please note that additional players will be announced and player line-up is subject to change.
Pedro Martinez and Gwen Ricker, 3, of Manchester, N.H.
In addition to autograph signings there is a buffet lunch, sports memorabilia sale, opportunity drawing, silent auction, and a bowling contest to help strike out cancer.
Since its inception in 2006, the Jimmy Fund Council of Greater Boston and New Stars for Young Stars has raised more than $200,000 for Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and the Jimmy Fund, hosted approximately 300 clinic patients and their families at private parties with Red Sox players, and contributed nearly 1,500 pieces of autographed memorabilia to patients at the Jimmy Fund Clinic.
For more information:
Contact: Scott Shuster, Jimmy Fund Council of Greater Boston
Contact: Nora Loughney