COVID-19 Novel Coronavirus — Fundraising Update

Like you, Dana-Farber and the Jimmy Fund are closely monitoring the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. We have been meeting frequently, taking the guidance and advice of Dana-Farber leadership and public officials, and making adjustments to our spring 2020 events calendar.

Dana-Farber is continuing to do everything it can to ensure that our patients and families are kept as safe as possible from transmission of the virus. Cancer patients can be at higher risk, so we need to be especially vigilant in reducing the potential for exposure to COVID-19 in this critical time. We also want to limit the exposure to and further spread of illnesses, including COVID-19, among our dedicated community of donors and supporters.

Dana-Farber and the Jimmy Fund are postponing, cancelling, and/or making other adjustments to any event where we anticipate 10 or more attendees until the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak is under control. As the situation is continuing to evolve, we will assess each event in a timely way. We are also asking all of our third-party hosts/event managers to postpone, cancel, or make other adjustments to any event where they anticipate 10 or more attendees to help mitigate the potential risk of transmission.

As you well know, you cannot postpone a cancer diagnosis — cancer doesn't take a break even during difficult times. We are so very grateful for everyone's continued involvement and support of Dana-Farber and the Jimmy Fund's lifesaving mission.

We encourage you to visit the Dana-Farber COVID-19 webpage for ways to protect yourself from illness and links to key websites for more information.

Sign up for updates ›